Do you remember back in kindergarten, when your teacher used to dole out life lessons like tiny appetizers – small, sweet and easy to digest? Some of it was fluff, but other things hold true decades later, like the Golden Rule, don’t shove, and lead by example. The first two are definitely lessons to live by, but we’re going to talk about the third today. Instead of my normal roundup, I’d like to point you to five excellent kayseri escort examples of travel copywriting (business blog posts) and five great examples of tourism marketing. May
they inspire you to write well and innovate.
Top 5: Travel Copywriting
- The Oyster Blog kicks off with its post, Grand Dames: 11 Illustrious samsun escort Hotels Around the World. Note the fun headline, excellent photos and thematic roundup. This post blends just enough whimsy and reality to make me want to visit all 11 hotels. And that’s exactly the point.
- Intrepid has another type of travel blog post that works really well: a traveler’s diary. A Hairy Neck in Peru has an interesting headline – it raises questions that make you click – but the true value lies in the narrative. David is funny and enthusiastic, and his words will no doubt inspire others to travel – and to book through Intrepid, of course.
- There’s no doubt that travel and food are inextricably linked, and Luxury Retreats nails it with their post on What to Eat in Provence. Mouth-watering food photography, bright colors, and detailed descriptions make readers wish they had boarded the plane yesterday.
- Your company’s travel blog posts should serve as inspiration to past, present and future travelers. The Backroads blog does just that with this week’s post on 5 Hikes with Unforgettable Scenery. An epic photo rounds it out.
- Often, striking contrast can be all that’s needed to spark interest and encourage clicks. Take Venere’s post on the Top 3 Summer Ski Destinations – snow in the summer? Downhill enthusiasts missing their adrenaline fix will definitely click, if only to be sure they haven’t missed an opportunity.
Top 5: Tourism Marketing
- If you’ve ever wondered how you can work a product launch (or a contest or a new amenity or a new room or …) into your social networks, the Social Media Examiner delivers with 9 creative ideas.
- Imagery is important in travel marketing, and video can be very powerful. Costa Rican Vacations has an excellent YouTube channel – and it just got better, with their new, inspirational Costa Rica travel intro. Great videography, especially that whitewater rafting shot!
- Need a little Pinspiration? Look no further than the Four Seasons Pinterest boards, which feature spectacular images, travel ideas, and yes, self-promotion. But they do it in a way that is natural and not off-putting.
- Have you ever considered designing a travel infographic? TravelHouseUK offers up a great example with its Visit Cape Town infographic.
- This also comes from the Four Seasons, so maybe I’m cheating, but check out this easy-to-create resources for yoga lovers – a simple, visual DIY series on relaxing yoga poses.
Leave a Reply